Common Auto Accident Injuries
- Head Injuries – Such as concussions, often the result of the head striking a window, steering wheel, or dashboard.
- Neck Injuries – Whiplash, generalized neck pain, and swelling, often from sudden neck movement during a collision.
- Back Injuries – Damage to the spinal cord can result in nerve damage, reduced sensation in the extremities, and even paralysis.
- Chest Injuries – Blunt force trauma to the chest due to impact can result in injuries such as broken ribs, collapsed lungs, and internal bleeding.
- Emotional Distress – Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder or other psychological problems could result from accidents involving severe injuries or death.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
I was just involved in an automobile accident in Chicago. What should I do?
Never say anything regarding the facts of the accident. Anything you say can be potentially used against you. You may say something you do not mean when you are excited or angry. If you are in pain go to a doctor immediately. Your failure to seek immediate medical care when you are in pain may be used against you.
I received an offer from the insurance company that is a strange figure. How was the offer calculated?
Insurance companies are in the business of making money for their shareholders. Despite what they may tell you, they do not have your best interest in mind. The offer is probably the lowest offer they think you will accept. The latest trick is for an insurance company to offer you a strange figure (example $2,749.48). They are hoping that you will think they made some type of calculation through a formula to arrive at this figure. There is no specific formula for determining the value of a personal injury case. An offer of a strange figure is most likely a psychological trick to make you think there is a specific formula and that is all you are entitled to.
I was involved in a hit and run accident in Chicago. What are my rights?
If your insurance policy has uninsured motorist coverage, generally, you can collect for the same elements of damage that you could if the person that hit you was caught and had insurance. This means that generally you can collect for your medical bills, lost time from work, and any pain and suffering you incurred and will incur as a result of the accident.
Why do lawyers want to be contacted immediately following an accident?
From the minute the accident occurs, the insurance company is investigating the occurrence. They are attempting to gather any evidence that will lower their exposure to a potential claim. By contacting a lawyer immediately, you will have someone working for you and gathering evidence on your behalf. Remember, unlike an insurance company, your lawyer has your best interest in mind.
- need to file an auto accident claim in Chicago
- need an Chicago auto accident lawyer / attorney
- need an Chicago car accident attorney / lawyer
or if your questions were not answered, please contact the Chicago auto accident attorneys at Rubens Kress & Mulholland today.