Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers in Chicago and Illinois
Nursing home negligence is a serious issue that can cause irreversible harm to elderly or disabled individuals. Individuals residing in nursing homes are particularly vulnerable to neglect and abuse, and can have devastating effects on their physical and mental health. Unfortunately, instances of negligence in nursing homes are not uncommon, and victims of negligence may be owed compensation for the harm they have suffered.
The personal injury attorneys at R&M can investigate and pursue claims of nursing home negligence in Illinois to ensure that victims are fairly compensated for their losses.
Understanding who we can represent
The personal injury attorneys at R&M can represent you in a nursing home case if any of the following instances are accurate:
- The nursing home neglected to keep the resident free of bed sores, which can often lead to infection, sepsis, and even death.
- The nursing home failed to properly nourish the resident, resulting in malnutrition or dehydration.
- The nursing home failed to protect the resident resulting in one or more of these signs of neglect including bruises, broken bones, burns, or abrasions.
- Failure to properly document the care and treatment of residents.
- The nursing home did not properly monitor the resident for signs of physical and/or mental decline.
- The nursing home staff failed to turn and reposition the resident in a timely manner.
- Failed to properly prevent, detect, and treat infections.
- Failure to properly investigate, address, and report allegations of abuse or neglect.
- The nursing home failed to provide proper personal care resulting in poor hygiene, and/or dirty clothing or bedding.
- The nursing home did not provide proper staffing to ensure that residents are adequately monitored and cared for.
If any of the above instances are true for you or your loved one – you may be entitled to pursue a personal injury case.
Our Illinois personal injury attorneys have experience representing a wide range of workers’ compensation cases
View some of our top personal injury settlements
- $1,750,000.00 for a car accident victim.
- $1,005,000.00 (policy limit) for the family of a victim of a wrongful death truck accident claim.
- $1,000,000.00 binding mediation award for a car accident victim with multiple fractures and a total knee replacement.
- $900,000.00 plus waiver of a $191,000.00 workers’ compensation lien for a concert and theater worker who was struck by a semi-trailer door and sustained facial fractures and herniated discs in his neck. (premises)
- View more of our personal injury settlements
Reach out to schedule a consultation with our personal injury attorneys.
We’ll get in touch with you to discuss next steps for your nursing home negligence case. Get the compensation you and your family deserve.