Common Illinois Personal Injury Claims
There are a wide range of situations in which you may benefit from the services of an Illinois personal injury attorney, even if it doesn’t seem necessary immediately. You can pursue a successful personal injury claim for a wide variety of occurrences, provided you can prove that another party’s negligence played a role in your injury. Some common reasons for initiating a personal injury claim in Illinois include:
- Car Accidents – The majority of car accidents are the result of negligence on the part of a driver, such as by talking on the phone or texting while behind the wheel.
- Defective Products – Depending on the situation, you may not need to prove negligence on the part of the product’s manufacturer — you may only have to prove that the product was defective, and that defect caused you harm.
- Dog bites – If you are injured by someone’s dog — or another pet — you can pursue a personal injury claim against the person so long as the animal has caused you harm and was not provoked. This is a case where you do not need to prove that the animal’s owner was negligent.
- Assault – An assault occurs when someone creates apprehension or fear of offensive contact — physical contact does not necessarily need to take place. A threat of violence may be considered assault in Illinois.
- Battery – If someone causes you harm, you can pursue a personal injury claim against them. In some cases, you may not need to prove that the harm inflicted was intentional. Domestic violence, bar fights, altercations between neighbors, and sexual assaults are all examples of instances in which you could potentially pursue a personal injury claim.
This is just a small sample of scenarios in which you may be able to initiate a personal injury claim and recover damages. If you have been hurt by someone in Illinois, you should consult an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Rubens Kress and Mulholland: Experienced Illinois Personal Injury Attorneys
Anyone looking for an Illinois personal injury attorney should turn to Rubens Kress and Mulholland, a Chicago law firm with a track record of success. To discuss your situation, contact Rubens Kress and Mulholland online, at (312) 201-9640, or toll-free at (866) 890-9640.