Illinois Personal Injury Settlement Amounts and Verdicts
The personal injury attorneys at Rubens, Kress & Mulholland are experienced in representing victims of personal injuries in the Chicago area and throughout Illinois. If you or a loved one has sustained an injury due to the negligence of a third party, we are dedicated to providing the support and representation you need to secure the settlement or trial verdict you deserve. To learn more about the level of commitment to which our attorneys hold themselves, we invite you to take a look at our personal injury cases won.
The following settlements/verdicts were in a lump sum unless otherwise indicated:
- $1,750,000.00 for a car accident victim.
- $1,005,000.00 for the family of a victim of a wrongful death truck accident claim.
- $1,000,000.00 binding mediation award for a car accident victim with multiple fractures and a total knee replacement.
- $900,000.00 plus waiver of a $191,000.00 workers’ compensation lien for a concert and theater worker who was struck by a semi-trailer door and sustained facial fractures and herniated discs in his neck.
- $635,000.00 plus complete waiver of a workers’ compensation lien for a lifelong teamster who injured his back when a truck rolled away from a dock while he was unloading it with a forklift. He was unable to return to work but did not have surgery.
- $600,000.00 for a pedestrian struck by a car.
- $562,973.46 (fresh money after workers’ compensation set-off) for a truck driver who was involved in a motor vehicle accident and required a neck surgery.
- $560,000.00 plus reduction in workers’ compensation lien for a truck driver who sustained a torn rotator cuff with surgery as a result of a fall in a rail yard.
- $500,000.00 (Policy Limits without litigation) for a pedestrian struck by an automobile that suffered from multiple fractures.
- $450,000.00 and waiver of workers’ compensation lien for an executive who suffered bilateral shoulder injuries with surgeries as a result of a construction accident.
- $441,688.00 jury verdict for a 71 year old medical van operator who suffered from an operated partially torn rotator cuff as a result of an accident with a CTA bus. The CTA offered $150,000.00 a few days prior to trial. The jury awarded $229,129.00 in past and future wage loss which was heavily disputed by the CTA.
- $369,500.00 for a client who suffered from a fractured clavicle with surgery and a fractured leg as a result of an accident caused by a semi truck.
- $350,000.00 for the estate of a woman struck and killed by a truck (policy tendered by truck’s insurance carrier).
- $315,000.00 for a passenger in a cab involved in an automobile accident that suffered from multiple facial fractures.
- $310,000.00 for a shoulder tear with surgery that resulted from a slip and fall accident.
- $300,000.00 (Policy limits) for the victim of a dog attack that sustained permanent scars and an arm injury requiring surgery.
- $295,000.00 for a slip and fall victim with an operated back.
- $275,000.00 for a delivery driver who injured his back in a dock accident.
- $266,666.00 for a car accident victim with a fractured jaw.
- $255,000.00 for a client who underwent lumbar spine surgery as a result of a car accident.
- $250,000.00 for a 70 year old bicycle rider who was struck and killed by an automobile with heavily disputed liability. No offer was made prior to litigation.
- $250,000.00 (policy limits) for a workers’ compensation investigator involved in a motor vehicle accident which caused the need for a lumbar fusion.
- $245,000.00 for a custodian who slipped and fell due to the negligence of a separate cleaning company and fractured her wrist which also caused the need for a carpal tunnel surgery.
- $235,000.00 for a woman who shattered her knee cap and fractured her arm in an automobile accident. Liability was initially denied.
- $225,000.00 for a woman who suffered a mild brain injury as a result of an automobile accident.
- $225,000.00 premises liability settlement plus a significant reduction of a workers’ compensation lien for a cable installer who sustained a torn knee with surgery as a result of a co-worker slipping and falling on torn carpeting into him while he was climbing stairs.
- $225,000.00 for a binding arbitration award for a delivery driver who had a herniated disc that required surgery for a premise liability case.
- $225,000.00 for a homeowners’ policy claim for a severely lacerated arm that was caused by a homeowner who failed to provide the Plaintiff with safe tools to work.
- $207,500.00 for a tenant who fractured her shoulder after falling down stairs.
- $185,000.00 for a car accident victim with an operated neck (heavily disputed causation).
- $175,000.00 for a client who required a cervical spine fusion due to a slip and fall accident at her apartment complex with heavily disputed liability that occurred during a power outage.
- $153,000.00 for a client with a disc bulge who was injured in an automobile accident. The insurance company offered $10,000.00 prior to our involvement.
- $150,000.00 for a plumber who suffered from an operated torn rotator cuff as a result of a slip and fall construction accident (heavily disputed liability).
- $145,000.00 settlement with the United State Post office for an airline worker that injured his cervical spine due to a faulty conveyor belt.
- $135,000.00 for an elderly man who was hit by a car in a parking lot and suffered fractures.
- $133,333.00 for a car accident victim with a surgically repaired knee.
- $132,000.00 for a trip and fall at a retail store that caused an aggravation of a bilateral knee injury.
- $130,000.00 for a car accident victim that suffered a hip fracture.
- $125,000.00 for a slip and fall accident that resulted in a fractured hand with surgery.
- $125,000.00 and approximately $500,000.00 reduction in a workers’ compensation lien for a construction worker who suffered multiple injuries in a heavily disputed construction accident.
- $118,000.00 for a retired woman who tripped and fell on an exposed cable at her condominium and suffered a fractured arm with surgery.
- $115,000.00 (Policy limits) for a woman who sustained a fractured leg that required surgery as a result of an automobile accident. The entire insurance policy was obtained within 90 days of the accident without the need to file a lawsuit.
- $114,000.00 (and substantial reduction of a workers’ compensation lien) for a victim of an accident who suffered from a torn knee with surgery as a result of a shelf falling on her.
- $110,000.00 (policy limit) for a death case with an insurance coverage issue in which Plaintiff was never offered anything until she retained our firm.
- $108,675.00 (binding arbitration verdict) for a victim of an accident that occurred when he was climbing on a shelf in a warehouse that fell (heavily disputed liability).
- $105,000.00 (policy limit) for a passenger in an automobile accident with multiple fractures.
- $101,000.00 (policy limits plus medical pay limits) for a woman bit by a dog who had a facial scaring.
- $100,000.00 for a woman who sustained a head injury as pedestrian who was struck by a truck.
- $100,000.00 (policy limit) for a woman who suffered a fractured leg with surgery as a result of an automobile accident.
- $100,000.00 for a cafeteria worker that suffered from multiple burns on his foot.
- $100,000.00 (policy limit) for a man hit by an automobile while riding his bicycle who suffered from a fractured vertebrae.
- $100,000.00 (policy limit) for a car accident victim that suffered from an operated torn rotator cuff.
- $100,000.00 (policy limit) for a client involved in an automobile accident that suffered a fractured wrist that required 2 surgeries.
- $100,000.00 (policy limits without litigation) for the victim of an automobile accident that suffered from a shoulder tear and knee tear.
Get the Personal Injury Lawsuit Settlement Amount You Deserve
If you’ve been in an accident in Chicago or anywhere in Illinois, don’t assume that you cannot be compensated. If you sustained an injury due to the carelessness of a third party or if you can prove that a third party was at least partially responsible for your personal injury, you are justified in bringing forth a personal injury claim. If this is the case, don’t hesitate to reach out to an attorney at Rubens, Kress & Mulholland. We offer free consultations, and our experienced lawyers are prepared to go the extra mile to advocate for you and see that you receive the personal injury settlement or verdict your situation demands.
At Rubens, Kress & Mulholland, we care about you and your family, and we want to help you move past this traumatic time in your life. To learn more about our personal injury cases won or to find out how our attorneys can help you, contact us online, visit us at 134 N. LaSalle, Suite 444 in Chicago, IL, or call our 24-hour toll-free line at 866-890-9640.
Protect Your Rights
Contact our team today to get started on your case. There are no fees unless you collect.