Personal Injury Attorneys
Representing individuals in Chicago and across Illinois to help win their personal injury cases
Our personal injury attorneys are dedicated to representing individuals in personal injury matters in Chicago and Illinois cases. If you have suffered a personal injury due to the negligence of a third party, you should contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Deciding whether to bring forward a personal injury claim
Your ability to move forward with a personal injury claim is often dependent on the following factors:
- You have suffered physical harm due to the actions of another person.
- You are able to prove that another party was at least partially responsible for your personal injury.
- You have acted quickly enough to preserve your right to initiate a claim — this includes seeking medical attention and hiring an Illinois personal injury lawyer to help guide you through the process.
It is important to note that you do not need to prove that you were harmed intentionally. Many Illinois personal injury cases are the result of mistakes or inattention from the party causing the injury. Even in cases where you were partially at fault, you may still be able to move forward with your Illinois personal injury claim. Every situation is different, so the best course of action is to consult an attorney for guidance on your case.
“My personal experience with Rubens Kress and Mulholland was extremely professional along with a great deal of common courtesy towards my wife and I. Mr. Mulholland always called back in a short period of time which speaks volumes to their professional courtesy. I appreciated everything Toby Mulholland has done with regards to my situation. I have and will always continue to recommend Rubens Kress and Mulholland law firm.”
Types of personal injury cases
Chicago personal injury attorneys at Rubens Kress & Mulholland have extensive experience litigating the following types of injuries (and many more):
- Accidents on personal property
- Brain damage
- Building discs
- Car accidents
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel (extensive trial experience)
- Death claims
- Dog bites
- Exposure to harmful materials
- Fractures (displaces, non-displaces, spiral, operated and unoperated)
- Herniated discs (operated and unoperated, cervical spine, lumbar spine)
- Impingement Syndrome
- Loss of Vision
- Torn ACL
- Torn Labrum
- Torn Ligaments in Ankle
- Torn Ligaments In Fingers
- Torn Ligaments In Wrist
- Torn Meniscus
- Torn Rotator Cuff
- Ulnar Entrapment
What to do if you’ve suffered a personal injury
If you have suffered a personal injury take the following steps:
- Seek health care immediately.
- Get names, address and phone numbers of all persons present when you suffered your personal injury.
- Obtain a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Do not give statements to anyone until you have spoken to a personal injury attorney who is experienced handling Chicago and Illinois cases.
Personal Injury Cases & Settlements
- $369,500.00 for a client who suffered from a fractured clavicle with surgery and a fractured leg as a result of an accident caused by a semi truck.
- $300,000.00 (Policy limits) for the victim of a dog attack that sustained permanent scars and an arm injury requiring surgery.
- $175,000.00 for a client who required a cervical spine fusion due to a slip and fall accident at her apartment complex with heavily disputed liability that occurred during a power outage.
FAQs about Chicago and Illinois personal injuries cases
These attorneys specialize in tort law, which includes both negligent acts and intentional acts. Personal injury attorneys provide legal representation and pursue compensation for victims of an accident. Learn more >
In some instances, personal injury cases are settled without going to court. Other times a lawsuit has to be filed because both sides do not agree on the liability or the extent of the damages or both. Often a case settles after various points of litigation such as after you give your deposition. Learn more >
Only a small number — the vast majority are settled outside of court. However, a good amount of cases settle only after a lawsuit is filed and the case is aggressively litigated and several depositions are taken. Learn more >
Personal injuries necessitating a lawsuit may be caused by a variety of factors, commonly including:
– Car accidents
– Dog bites
– Exposure to harmful materials
– Accidents on personal property
– Professional malpractice
To learn whether you can move forward with a personal injury claim, you should speak with an Illinois personal injury lawyer about your specific circumstances.
While legal fees will vary depending on a variety of factors in your case, with Rubens, Kress & Mulholland there is never any fee unless you collect.
Get in touch for a free consultation.
Contact our team today to get started on your case. There are no fees unless you collect.
To get started, fill out the form below or call now at 312-201-9640.