Workers’ Compensation for Construction Workers in Illinois
Construction workers have a dangerous profession, so unfortunately it is common for injuries to occur on the job. Fortunately, construction workers in Illinois who are injured at work can initiate a workers’ compensation claim.
Some of the injuries commonly suffered by construction workers include:
- Falls – Whether from slipping on the floor or falling from a ladder, falls are among the most common injuries construction workers sustain on the job.
- Falling Debris – When materials fall from several stories up, even a small object can turn into a dangerous projectile.
- Power Tool Injuries – Given the number of tools in use at construction sites, accidents are bound to occur. Unfortunately, slipping while using a power tool can result in severe burns, cuts, or worse.
Since the likelihood of injury is high among construction workers, it is important for employees to understand the kind of compensation for which they are eligible under Illinois law.
While it is best to contact an experienced workers’ compensation attorney, there are a few things that you should know about possible compensation:
- To initiate a successful claim, you must be able to prove that the injury you suffered was “arising out of” your employment.
- Generally, your employer is responsible for covering the costs of your medical care as it relates to the work-related injury.
- Generally, you are able to choose the physician who treats your injuries.
You should make sure that you turn to a law firm that concentrates in workers’ compensation cases if you are injured while working at a construction site. Rubens Kress and Mulholland has successfully represented many construction workers who have suffered injuries on the job, and our firm is prepared to put that experience to work for you.
There is no fee unless you collect, so you can be confident that Rubens Kress and Mulholland will do everything in our power to help you get the compensation you deserve. If you are ready to explore your options, you can contact Rubens Kress and Mulholland at (312) 201-9640 or toll-free at (866) 890-9640.