When Should You Get a Lawyer Following a Car Accident?
Millions of people are hurt in car accidents every year, many of which are eligible to seek compensation through the legal system. If you have suffered injuries from a car accident in Illinois, it is crucial that you seek the guidance of an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
What to Do When You are Injured in a Car Accident
Being involved in a car accident can be an overwhelming experience, but the steps you should take after such an event are simple:
- Seek medical attention immediately – Your first concern should be your health and the well-being of any passengers who were in your vehicle.
- Hire a personal injury attorney experienced in car accident cases – An attorney who knows the intricacies of Illinois personal injury law can help you take the right course of action to secure the compensation you deserve.
- Document the car accident – Effective documentation of the car accident involves gathering the names and contact information of anyone involved in the accident itself, along with any witnesses. You should take pictures of yourself and your vehicle after the car accident.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
People become injured in auto accidents for a variety of reasons, and it is often due to an error on the part of other drivers. Some of these causes include:
- Distracted driving – Texting, talking on the phone, or even talking with passengers can divert a driver’s attention away from the road.
- Driver impairment – Fatigue and illness, as well as drug and alcohol use, can impair a driver significantly and result in a collision.
- Speeding – Many auto accidents in Illinois are cause by people driving over the speed limit or faster than weather conditions permit.
Contact Rubens Kress and Mulholland
If you have suffered injuries from a car accident, you need an attorney who can help you secure fair compensation. Rubens Kress and Mulholland is an Illinois law firm with experience in personal injury cases, and we charge no fee unless you collect. To discuss your options, contact Rubens Kress and Mulholland online, at (312) 201-9640, or at (866) 890-9640.