Workers’ Compensation Attorney Chicago
If you have suffered from work related injuries, you should contact an experienced Chicago workers’ compensation attorney at Rubens Kress & Mulholland. You should also know that you have legal rights that entitle you to the following workers’ compensation benefits:
- In Illinois, your employer must cover all necessary and reasonable medical bills incurred as a result of your work injuries and in conjunction with your worker’s compensation claim. Generally, you may be treated by up to two doctors of your choice at your employer’s expense, however in 2011 changes were made to the workers’ compensation act that may affect this right. Contact our firm for more details.
- In Illinois, you are often entitled to collect money for your permanent injuries that occurred within the course of your employment.
- Your employer may be required to pay you two-thirds of your average weekly wage for any lost time related to your worker’s compensation claim.
- Any money you receive as a result of an Illinois workers’ compensation claim is tax-free.
- Workers’ compensation in Illinois is a “no-fault” system. This means that you do not have to prove that your employer was negligent.
- Repetitive trauma cases, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, are covered under the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act.
If you are not able to return to your old job as a result of your work related injuries, your employer has to assist you in finding a new job or pay you a portion of your lost income. If you have to take a lower-paying job as a result of your work injuries, your employer is responsible for paying a portion of the difference in income.
The Chicago workers’ compensation attorneys at Rubens Kress & Mullholland offer a free consultation with no obligation. And if you hire Rubens Kress & Mulholland, you don’t pay unless you collect.
Rubens Kress & Mulholland: Experienced Chicago Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Rubens Kress & Mulholland are experienced Illinois workers’ compensation attorneys, and they have helped numerous clients recover financial settlements or tried their cases in court. Your employer and the insurance companies have attorneys representing them, and it is important that you have an experienced Chicago workers’ compensation attorney assisting you.
Jason H. Rubens has managed his Illinois workers’ compensation and personal injury practice since 2001, and he has separated himself from other workers’ compensation attorneys through is compassion for his clients and his aggressiveness for their rights.
Free consultation, no fee unless you collect.
If you have you suffered a work related injury, contact the Chicago workers’ compensation attorneys at Rubens Kress & Mulholland today.